Friday, January 28, 2011

Week 2 - What I Learned This Week

This week we worked on creating a star field from scratch in Photoshop. I thought it was really fun seeing a totally blank canvas turn into what could look like, with a little more work, a picture from Hubble. We learned how to turn a simple filter, like the noise filter, and with some level adjustments, make it look like a starry sky. I also learned that if we add certain effects to different layers, and then make copies (or apply it a second or third time) the effect becomes more intense and pronounced. and I also didn't realize that you can apply gradients and filters to layer masks, and that gives you a lot more flexibility when you're trying to tweak something to get it just right. annnnnd, that's what I learned this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

So, I'm Brittany Finch, and I love listening to music and playing piano and bass guitar. Yes, I'm a bassist. and yes, I'm awesome. ;) anyway, I have an older brother who's in college and I have 2 dogs... and that's about it; if you wanna know more, you should really talk to me. :)