Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 1 - What I Learned

This week we looked up different digital artists, and their art. Which really didn't teach me much, just that there are lots of different sorts of art that can be created on a computer, much of which, I don't know much about.
That was on Wednesday. Today, we learned how to make a lens flare from scratch, which I found really interesting, and I can see a lot of ways and places it could be used. And it's quite simple. I learned a lot about combining different gradients and blending modes; we used key shortcuts that I didn't know about, and we also used some tools that I really hadn't thought about using before (Smudge Tool, Single Row Marquee Tool). We also used a lot of different filters, some of which I was familiar with, and others, like the Lens Flare and Polar Coordinates filters, I had never seen used before, and didn't know how they could be useful. So overall, I think I've learned a lot this week, and it was a fun class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

So, I'm Brittany Finch, and I love listening to music and playing piano and bass guitar. Yes, I'm a bassist. and yes, I'm awesome. ;) anyway, I have an older brother who's in college and I have 2 dogs... and that's about it; if you wanna know more, you should really talk to me. :)